In a cluttered room or space I feel stifled, I can’t think straight…
When I clear out the mess it seems as though a weight has been lifted off me…literally!
With our busy lives we tend to ignore spaces that were intended to help us store our wares, but over a period of neglect these storages hoard unwanted junk.
We need to face reality!
Places you need to declutter-
- Your Wardrobe- one of the biggest culprits is our fashion fetish! Give away in charity what’s not being worn…yes just do it!
- The Kitchen-My mantra is use everything and once it breaks (which invariably it does!) donate the set and then buy the other.
- Clear your electronic devices of extra files, apps, folders.
- Declutter your handbag- you will be surprised what you can find in there!
- Work on a desk, clear off piles of papers and please throw away pens that don’t work!
- Cabinets and drawers…we all crave for extra storage…be mindful of what you keep, don’t forget the question list before you stash away anything.
- Do I need it?
- Will I use it?
- Is it worth it?
- Is there a place for it?
Be tough and don’t give into sentiments,
What you haven’t used in more than a year, needs to go…
A successful decluttering session needs time and energy.
And No there is no ‘spell’ to do the cleaning for you!
Benefits of clearing the mess!
- A clean space leads to clear thinking and fresh perspective.
- With everything in its assigned place, you save time finding that particular thing.
- You allow for positive energy to flow in and move freely.
- Your general health improves; you sleep better and are energized to carry on your daily tasks.
- With increased efficiency you may find time for things you so want to indulge in!
So go ahead make a start…remember ‘baby steps’…
Start small with one area or space, with determination and right intentions every task can be overcome!
Enjoy the moment!